Aerospace Manual Trimmer
Position Title: Aerospace Manual Trimmer
Reports to: Aerospace Value Stream Manager
The Aerospace Manual Trimmer position is responsible for producing detailed parts and assemblies using drawings and work instructions. The position will require overtime. This is a nonexempt position with a salary range starting at $16/hr, which increases with experience and/or certifications.
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities
This position includes (but is not limited to) the following essential functions:
- Utilize a variety of hand tools for trimming, routing, drilling, riveting, bonding, and welding of thermoplastic parts to satisfy customer blueprints and traveler requirements and produce detailed parts or assemblies
- Utilize manual machines for trimming, routing, drilling, and welding of thermoplastic parts to satisfy customer blueprints and traveler requirements and produce detailed parts or assemblies.
- Understand applicable requirements per RMB drawings and work orders and customer requirements
- Handle all related equipment, devices, chemical, and hazardous materials
- Perform setup and operation of some minor equipment and use inspection tools to satisfy the requirement when no tooling is furnished
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with others
- Demonstrate willingness to learn plastic weld skills and become certified in plastic welding
Requirements and Qualifications
- Due to U.S. State Department restrictions on access to space technology, candidates must be “U.S. Persons” as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120-130
- Ability to read, understand, and follow work instructions, blueprints, procedures, specifications, standards, MSDS sheets, and all other applicable documentation
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision and effectively manage tasks and time
- Ability to read and understand the English language
- Possess knowledge of mathematics
- Have experience with and the ability to use various computer systems and software
- Ability to correctly use measuring devices and shop fundamentals
- Certification in plastic welding is a plus
- Verify dimensions and alignment of assembly
- Verify that finished work piece meets specifications
- Use various types of equipment, including rivet guns, hand riveters, pneumatic drills, pneumatic sanders, hand tools, pressure testing systems, calipers, height gauges, etc.
- Ability to conduct work on-site in a manufacturing plant/warehouse environment
- Requires compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, company work rules, and written instructions
- Requires a flexible and cooperative attitude, including when asked to perform other duties or tasks that are not listed within this job description but are within the scope of this position
- Requires excellent safety practices, which include keeping a clean work area
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, which are vital to maintaining an organized warehouse
- Ability to effectively process changes through RMB feedback and reviews
- Requires personal responsibility and accountability to meet workmanship standards with little supervision to complete assignments
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all projects, customers, and RMB
- Additional training and/or education may be required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Physical Requirements and Hazards
The employee will be required to:
- Stand at a work desk for long periods of time
- Sit at a computer
- Perform repetitive movements
- Operate a forklift and overhead crane
- Lift no more than 50 pounds alone and assist in team lifts of more than 50 pounds
- Fulfill the work schedule, work hours, and productivity expectations of their supervisor and RMB
- Be subject to cuts and possible amputation due to use of bandsaw, table routers, pneumatic sanders, and hand tools
RMB Products enforces all safety regulations. The employee is expected to follow all safety precautions. While being employed by RMB Products, the employee may be exposed to burns, cuts, and tripping.
The employee may be required to use personal protective equipment. Each employee has responsibility for the protection and proper use of company property.
There is a high potential for exposure to hazardous conditions. Proper precautions and safety equipment (including fall equipment) must be used.