Position Title: Product Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Product Engineer is responsible for developing Design for Manufacturing to meet customer specifications. They will work with all related departments to ensure that the completion of the product (new and existing) moves through the production flow seamlessly.
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities
This position includes (but is not limited to) the following essential functions:
- Handle the design of products and tooling for a rotational molding manufacturing process; includes the design of molds and related tooling to produce products to customer specifications in a cost-efficient manner (drawings will be produced by CAD utilizing the principles of good mechanical and tool design practice)
- Take projects from the beginning through product launch (in their entirety)
- Support the requirements of and resolve engineering- and tool-related problems in production molding and assembly
- Develop labor and material cost estimates and estimated completion dates for tooling activities and engineering design
- Interface with all job functions, including production operations, quality control, purchasing, sales and customer service
- Work with sales and customer service on product quotes and feasibility
- Ensure that all documents related to work performed on his/her project are accurate and complete
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience in regulated industries
- Experience in using SolidWorks CAD software
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages
- General knowledge of plastic working, such as rotational molding, injection molding, and machining
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in engineering with 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing and design field (mechanical engineering experience preferred)
- Ability to lift 25-30 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office duties characteristic to engineering design and project support
- Mobility in the office and factory where eye protection is required; ear protection may be needed